Hospitality sector labour shortage
Hospitality sector in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) facing a labour shortage for several quarters.
Main points onserved and not tackled:
- Less attractive working conditions compared to other sectors
- Education not matching market needs
- Lack of professional training
- Pandemic time no care made many workers left the sector to other industries
- Better salaries in non hospitality locations
A closer linkage between public sector, educational institutions and hospitality industry surely can approach solutions soon...